Antimicrobial Brass CuVerro C69300
CuVerro kills 99.9% of harmful bacteria*
Copper is a well-known material and has been used for centuries. CuVerro’s efficacy as an antimicrobial brass is proven far more effective than stainless steel or silver-containing coatings, it has been proven to continuously kill the bacteria* that cause infections, and is the only solid antimicrobial touch surface approved by the EPA. Antimicrobial Copper alloys are extremely versatile and can be manufactured using a variety of conventional metal manufacturing processes, such as drawn, machined, cast, joined and bent.
Machinable bactericidal copper rod available from Wieland Chase
- Meets Requirement of Lead-Free* Plumbing Legislation
- NSF 61 & 14 Compliant
- Dezincification and Stress Corrosion Resistant
- Strength Equal to Stainless Steel
- Excellent Machinability
- EPA-Registered CuVerro Antimicrobial Alloy*
- Continuously kills 99.9% of bacteria* left behind by dirty hands within 2 hours
- Available in rod, shape, and as a near-net engineered forged products
CuVerro C69300 Meets the U.S. EPA Standards for Antimicrobial Properties
CuVerro C69300 provides a powerful antimicrobial touch surface with proven performance backed by rigorous Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) approved testing. It is a great alternative to leaded-brass fittings and its combined antimicrobial and corrosion resistance properties make it an excellent solution for hard surfaces, water supply fittings, and plumbing applications.
CuVerro C69300 is inherently antimicrobial. Lab testing shows that antimicrobial copper alloys such as CuVerro® C69300 are the only solid metal touch surfaces registered by the U.S. EPA to continuously kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within two hours of exposure: MRSA, VRE, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and E. coli O157:H7.
CuVerro C69300’s efficacy as an antimicrobial is proven far more effective than stainless steel. It has continuous and ongoing antimicrobial action, even after repeated wet and dry abrasion and re-contamination. Additionally, natural tarnishing of CuVerro® C69300 does not impair its efficacy.
Not only does CuVerro C69300 meet the U.S. EPA standards for antimicrobial properties, it is also lead-free and compliant with the Federal Drinking Water Act. Further, CuVerro® C69300 is arsenic and bismuth free. It is commonly used in PEX fittings, stop valves, ball valves, and both commercial and residential water faucet parts, and water supply fittings and fixtures. It is also used in electric and electronic equipment parts and automotive parts.
It should be noted that antimicrobial copper surfaces and products are a supplement to, not a substitute for, standard infection control practices and have been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but do not necessarily prevent cross contamination or infections. Users must continue to follow all current infection control and hygiene practices, including those related to the cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces.
As a fabricator / manufacturer of C69300, Wieland Chase is registered with the U.S. EPA at the federal and state level. We must also comply with ongoing adherence to strict usage rules and marketing guidelines.
Additional Products: CuVerro® Antimicrobial Surface Coating
The versatility of CuVerro® is an added benefit as it can be easily used as an antimicrobial surface coating with multiple applications.
Customers using CuVerro® Shield™ by Aereus Technologies will be able to kill 99.9% of bacteria* on a wide variety of shapes and solid surfaces including
- Heat-sensitive wood composites
This durable and permanent solution offers a sanitizing solution to finished product lines which is easily integrated into manufacturing post-production. CuVerro® Shield™ retains a thickness up to .01 inches allowing it to never wear away or chip unlike chemical coatings or additives.
This state of the art technology using a proprietary thermal fabrication technique binds CuVerro® antimicrobial copper permanently to any surface, form or shape, remaining solid copper from start to finish of the manufacturing process.
Endless product applications in a multitude of industries exist for CuVerro® Shield™, reducing risk of bacterial infection in specific areas of concern such as:
- Handles, grips and complex shapes
- Hospital/assisted living bed railing
- Food processing equipment
- Consumer appliances
- Phone Cases
- Restroom facilities
- Light switches and other frequently used fixtures
Speed to market and cost-efficiency allows CuVerro® Shield™ to be your premier innovative and permanent antimicrobial solution to achieve peace of mind in nearly any needed application.
* Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, CuVerro(r) surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within 2 hours of exposure: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, E. coli O157:H7, and Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE). The use of CuVerro(r) bactericidal copper products is a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those practices related to cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces. This surfaces has been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but do not necessarily prevent cross contamination. CuVerro(r) is a registered trademark of Wieland North America, Inc. and is used with permission. (C-0004-1303)
*This product complies with 0.25% weighted average lead content on wetted surfaces in accordance with Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) / Federal Public Law No. 111-380.
Wieland Chase is a leading brass manufacturer in North America. As of July 2019, Wieland Chase became part of the strong global Wieland Group with a continued commitment to safety, quality and customer service. More about the Wieland Group
14212 Selwyn Drive
Montpelier, OH 43543