C69850 – ECO FORGE® Rod and Bars
HIGHLY FORGEABLE, LEAD-FREE SILICON BRASS ALLOYC
Wieland Chase is a brass supplier of C69300 brass profiles available in hexagon, round, and other shaped brass rods and brass bars. ECO FORGE® C69300 is a high-performance, highly forgeable, low copper, lead free*, silicon brass alloy. It is a great replacement for leaded fittings. It is an excellent solution for water supply and plumbing applications because of its antimicrobial properties, dezincification corrosion resistance (DZR/CR), and stress corrosion cracking (SCC) resistant properties. It is highly forgeable to forge brass fittings and parts.
Lengths: 10 to 16 feet
Bundle Weights: 1,000 – 4,000 lbs.
Why Forge with ECO FORGE® Alloy?
Wieland Chase offers forging as the superior solution for engineered brass parts solutions. Based on the science, forging is our preferred method of producing ECO BRASS® and other brass parts that our customers expect to provide long lasting value through extended service and enhanced performance.
- Higher Strength: Forged parts significantly meet or exceed strength requirements
- Tighter Great Structure: Forging compacts the metal using a crushing force, which means no casting-induced porosity or cracks
- Reduced Internal Stress: The high heat of the forging process anneals the part, making it less prone to stress-related corrosion failure
- Higher Dimensional Control: Production tooling stability delivers consistent dimensions for machining, resulting in fewer rejects of final parts
- Highly Repeatable Parts Production: Manufacturing throughput efficiencies are enhanced while the highest quality standards are maintained
- Lower Tooling Costs for Fabrication: Parts producers realize economies of scale
*This product complies with 0.25% weighted average lead content on wetted surfaces in accordance with Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) / Federal Public law No. 111-380.
|C69850||67.5-69%||1.53-2.0%||0.04-0.15%||0.09% max||0.10% max||0.20% max||0.10% max||0.10% max||—||Remain.|
|Round||0.375″ – 2.50″|
|>0.150″ – 0.500″||0.002″|
|>0.500″ – 1.000″||0.003″|
Minimal Mechanical Properties
|Diameter (inch)||Tensile (ksi)||Yield (ksi)||Elongation (%)|
|>0.150″ – 0.500″||60||40||5|
|>0.500″ – 1.000″||55||35||10|
|>1.000″ – 2.000″||50||30||10|
Wieland Chase is a leading brass manufacturer and supplier for brass alloys in North America. As of July 2019, Wieland Chase became part of the strong global Wieland Group with a continued commitment to safety, quality and customer service. More about the Wieland Group
14212 Selwyn Drive
Montpelier, OH 43543