Wieland Chase adheres to U.S. legislation standards for drinking water supply and plumbing pipes and fittings. We offer low lead and lead free brass and bronze solutions that are environmentally friendly and cost effective.
Add 2016 “RoHS 4% lead in brass exemption expected to continue
S3874 – 0.25% max lead national legislation in effect January
NSF/ANSI/CAN 61 Annex F in effect 7/1-5 ppb nationwide
- President signs S3874
- ICC RB64 starts 1/1
- UL 1626 (Fire suppression systems) – 100µm average DZR
- CPSIA – 0.01% max by 8/14/11 if tech feasible
- NSF/ANSI 14 in effect 3/1
NSF/ANSI 14 revised; DZR & SCC required
- Vermont S152 passes
- CPSIA passed – Pb max. in children’s products
- ICC RB64-07/08 passed – Fire suppression systems in new homes, AB1953 & NSF/ANSI/CAN 61 apply
Lead-Free Drinking Water Act of 2007 introduced, stalls
California AB1953 passes – 0.25% weighted average Pb max.; Prop 65 still in effect
- Lead-Free Drinking Water Act of 2005 introduced, stalls
- Chase signs license with Mitsubishi Materials Corporation for ECO BRASS® – North America
Safe Drinking Water Act in effect; 15 ppb leachate from 50 ppb
- National legislation is under the Safe Drinking Water Act but may also be referred to as S3874 or Public Law 111-380.
- The California law is referred to as AB1953; Vermont law as S152
- CPSIA = Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act of 2008 and involves controlling the lead content of everything touched by children aged 12 and under.
- On Feb. 16, 2011 there was a public hearing to determine the technological feasibility of reducing lead from 0.03% to 0.01%. No decision was announced.
- Judges and lawyers are applying the 0.03% lead maximum to other products that may be touched by children.
Wieland Chase is a leading brass manufacturer and supplier for brass alloys in North America. As of July 2019, Wieland Chase became part of the strong global Wieland Group with a continued commitment to safety, quality and customer service. More about the Wieland Group
14212 Selwyn Drive
Montpelier, OH 43543