Antimicrobial Brass CuVerro® C69300
CuVerro® kills 99.9% of harmful bacteria*
CuVerro’s® efficacy as an antimicrobial copper alloy has been proven to continuously kill the bacteria* that cause infections. It is the only solid touch surface approved by the EPA to be called antimicrobial. Copper is a well-known material and has been used for centuries, and Antimicrobial Copper alloys are extremely versatile and can be manufactured using a variety of conventional metal manufacturing processes, such as drawn, machined, cast, joined and bent. It is an excellent option for brass fittings.
- Continuously kills 99.9% of bacteria* left behind by dirty hands within 2 hours
- Available in rod, shape, and as a near-net engineered forged products
- Strength Equal to Stainless Steel
- Highly machinable
- EPA-Registered CuVerro® Antimicrobial Alloy*
Application: Machine Forging
Lengths: 10 to 16 feet
Bundle Weights: 1,000 – 4,000 lbs.
Safe Surfaces for a Safer Future
CuVerro antimicrobial brass kills 99.9% of bacteria
CuVerro® C69300 Meets the U.S. EPA Standards for Antimicrobial Properties
CuVerro® C69300 Copper Alloy inherently has antimicrobial properties. Lab testing shows that antimicrobial copper alloys such as CuVerro® C69300 are the only solid metal touch surfaces registered by the U.S. EPA to continuously kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within two hours of exposure: MRSA, VRE, Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, and E. coli O157:H7.
CuVerro® C69300’s efficacy as antimicrobial is proven far more effective than stainless steel. It has continuous and ongoing antimicrobial action, even after repeated wet and dry abrasion and re-contamination. Additionally, natural tarnishing of CuVerro® C69300 does not impair its efficacy.
Not only does CuVerro® C69300 meet the U.S. EPA standards for antimicrobial properties, it is also lead-free and compliant with the Federal Drinking Water Act. Further, CuVerro® C69300 is arsenic and bismuth free. It is commonly used in PEX fittings, brass fittings, bronze fittings, stop valves, ball valves, and both commercial and residential water faucet parts, and water supply fittings and fixtures. It is also used in electric and electronic equipment parts and automotive parts.
It should be noted that antimicrobial copper surfaces and products are a supplement to, not a substitute for, standard infection control practices and have been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but do not necessarily prevent cross contamination or infections. Users must continue to follow all current infection control and hygiene practices, including those related to the cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces.
As a brass supplier, fabricator and manufacturer of C69300, Wieland Chase is registered with the U.S. EPA at the federal and state level. We must also comply with ongoing adherence to strict usage rules and marketing guidelines.
Additional Products: CuVerro® Antimicrobial Surface Coating
The versatility of CuVerro® is an added benefit as it can be easily used as an antimicrobial surface coating with multiple applications.
Customers using CuVerro Shield™ by Aereus Technologies will be able to kill 99.9% of bacteria* on a wide variety of shapes and solid surfaces including:
- Heat-sensitive wood composites
This durable and permanent solution offers a sanitizing solution to finished product lines which is easily integrated into manufacturing post-production. CuVerro Shield™ retains a thickness up to .01 inches allowing it to never wear away or chip unlike chemical coatings or additives.
This state of the art technology using a proprietary thermal fabrication technique binds CuVerro® antimicrobial copper permanently to any surface, form or shape, remaining solid copper from start to finish of the manufacturing process.
Endless product applications in a multitude of industries exist for CuVerro Shield™, reducing risk of bacterial infection in specific areas of concern such as:
- Handles, grips and complex shapes
- Hospital/assisted living bed railing
- Food processing equipment
- Consumer appliances
- Phone Cases
- Restroom facilities
- Light switches and other frequently used fixtures
* Laboratory testing shows that, when cleaned regularly, CuVerro® surfaces kill greater than 99.9% of the following bacteria within 2 hours of exposure: Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Staphylococcus aureus, Enterobacter aerogenes, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, E. coli O157:H7, and Vancomycin-resistant Enterococcus faecalis (VRE). The use of CuVerro® bactericidal copper products is a supplement to and not a substitute for standard infection control practices; users must continue to follow all current infection control practices, including those practices related to cleaning and disinfection of environmental surfaces. This surfaces has been shown to reduce microbial contamination, but do not necessarily prevent cross contamination. CuVerro® is a registered trademark of Wieland North America, Inc. and is used with permission. (C-0004-1303)
*This product complies with 0.25% weighted average lead content on wetted surfaces in accordance with Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) / Federal Public Law No. 111-380.
Wieland Chase is a leading brass manufacturer and supplier for brass alloys in North America. As of July 2019, Wieland Chase became part of the strong global Wieland Group with a continued commitment to safety, quality and customer service. More about the Wieland Group
14212 Selwyn Drive
Montpelier, OH 43543